The Seller Dashboard is where you set up and manage your store. Everything can be done here: add new products, edit existing products, manage orders, view commissions paid, create coupons, and more.
Go to the Seller Dashboard, click the Settings tab and fill in the pertinent info under the various sub-tabs. Below are some tips for each those tabs.
• Store Name is required.
• Store Description: Tell customers a little about your store.
• Seller Info: Tell customers a little about you personally. This information also shows up in the “Meet the Seller” tab on product pages.
• A physical address is optional but please at least choose your country from the dropdown.
• “Enable opening hours” refers to business hours. If you don’t have a physical store open to the public this probably isn’t necessary.
• “Enable Vacation Mode” is an option for when you’ll be unable to ship orders or if orders will be delayed. It applies a notice on your storefront and product pages and gives the option of not accepting orders temporarily.
• “Enable Store Notice” lets you add a general note/announcement at the top of your storefront and product pages.
• “PayPal Address” is the only field most US sellers will need to fill in.
• Here you can upload your store icon and banner image.
• This is where all shipping options are set: flat rate, by country, free shipping threshold, handling fee, shipping and return polices, etc. You can ignore any duplicate fields (they’re being deprecated but haven’t yet been removed from the software).
• Domestic shipping is based on a flat rate rather than weight. You can choose flat rate per item or per order. As an example, if you wanted shipping to be $5.00 regardless of item quantity, you would put $5.00 in the fields for “Default National Shipping Fee”, “Minimum Shipping Charged…” and “Maximum Shipping Charged…”. You can also choose free shipping for all products (if you do, I’d recommend building the cost into your item price).
• For Flat Rate, If you leave “Default National Shipping Fee” and “Default International Shipping Fee” blank then they must be filled out in the individual listings. Otherwise, the cart won’t know what to charge for shipping.
• International shipping can also be set using Flat Rate or by choosing the Country Table Rate option that sets the rate by country. This option makes for more accurate shipping charges but it does take some work and needs to be edited when the USPS rates change.
• The Country Table Rate can also work as a quick option for domestic-only, per-item shipping. Just choose your home country and fill out the necessary details. State and Postcode are optional but can be used to better refine the cost (useful for larger or heavier items). Check the “Override” checkbox if you want the rate to remain the same regardless of quantity. If you want it to be per-item, leave it unchecked.
• These settings can also be overridden on a per-product basis (in the product listing form).
• If you’d like to be further enlightened (or possibly further confused), here’s some official documentation.
NOTE: Buying postage online and printing the shipping labels at home is cheaper than going to the post office if you ship via parcel/package rates (basically, stiff or thick packages). You’ll need a scale to get accurate weights. Free options include PayPal, Pirate Ship and USPS (Priority Mail only).
• Let people know where else they can find you online.
• Filling these out will help more people find you and improve your listing’s relationship with search engines.
NOTE Regarding Orders:
If a customer has placed an order but hasn’t paid yet, it won’t show on the Seller Dashboard until the order is paid.