Blake: An Illustrated Quarterly Vol. 12, #4 (whole number 48) (Spring 1979) is “a peer-reviewed scholarly journal devoted to William Blake (1757-1827), the British poet, artist, and engraver, and his circle.” Published under the sponsorship of the Department of English, University of New Mexico.
In this issue:
* “The Eternal Wheels of Intellect: Dissertations on William Blake”
* “Some Not-So-Familiar Visionary Heads”
* “Mr. Jacko ‘Knows What Riding Is’ in 1785: Dating Blake’s Island in the Moon”
* “Blake and Morland: The First State of ‘The Industrious Cottager'”
* “Another Cumberland Bibliography Addendum”
56 pages, saddle-stitched, 8½ × 11”. Published in 1979.
Condition: Fair amount of wear, price sticker on front, complete and intact, no tears or markings, tight binding, clean interiors. Please enlarge the images for a closer look.
>> Steven Ogden Collection <<
This item comes from the collection of the late Steven Ogden, fanzine author, publisher, researcher and my friend. Steve was active in fandom (SF/fantasy and comics), including APAs (FAPA, CAPA-Alpha) and publishing for decades under the Spotted Zebra Press/New Spotted Zebra Press banners (with his wife, Vicki). His publications include the massive Brad W. Foster Checklist of Published Works from the 20th Century, Edgar’s Journal, Ouroborus and many others.