If you followed small press comics in the ’90s you were probably aware of Nik Dirga’s Amoeba Adventures series. Or maybe you weren’t. Either way, you now have the opportunity to get the complete set and a retrospective for a couple bucks. The original 32 issues are actually available as free downloads but you’ll also want the Amoeba Adventures Archive. Here’s some info on that from the author:
The Amoeba Adventures Archive is now available for your digital reading pleasure, marking the grand conclusion of my 30th anniversary of Amoeba Adventures celebration. A whopping 130-page digital book, it includes:
* The return of Prometheus the Protoplasm in the first NEW Amoeba Adventures story since 1998! It’s been a real trip to return to drawing comics again after wayyyyyy too long, and hopefully you enjoy!
* Troy Hickman pens a long-lost untold story of the Flaming Flag during World War II!
* Not one but two rare team-up stories with Jason Marcy’s brawling bruiser Powerwus!
* Rare Amoeba Adventures stories from fanzines, The Rap Sheet, and special publications!
* Excerpts from the legendary Small Press Syndicate jam comic crossover!
* The never-before-published, embarrassingly primitive very first Prometheus two comic books ever drawn!
* A look into the vaults at scripts and art for several stories that never quite made it to print, including a team-up with the late Sam Gafford, an Amoeba Adventures Annual with Lynn Allen, and much more!
* A gallery of rare art by Max Ink!
* A complete cover gallery of vintage Amoeba Adventures publications!
You must log in to post a comment.