Product Short Description:
• This appears below the price and above the product tags. If you also include text in the main Product Description field (recommended), that will appear in the tabs below the tags. If you only use the Short Description field the tab for Product Description won’t appear (and your product links posted to Facebook or Twitter won’t be as informational).
• Please use relevant tags and only relevant tags. If your item is in the correct category there’s no need to repeat the category name (“comic”, for example). If a tag doesn’t describe the item in part then it doesn’t apply. Keyword stuffing is not allowed and won’t be tolerated.
• When you type you’ll see existing tag options pop up. Whenever possible, please use the existing tag for the sake of consistency and usefulness. We want customers to easily find all products for that artist, writer, genre, title, or whatever the tag represents.
• When you list a product you’ll see a Shipping tab with empty fields. As long as you’ve set up your shipping in Store Settings > Shipping, you can ignore them. The empty fields only show up in the listing form so you can modify shipping per product if you so choose. If you’re using the Flat Rate option and you haven’t specified global amounts for National Shipping Fee and International Shipping Fee (at Seller Dashboard > Settings > Shipping) then those fields need to be filled out in the individual listings. Otherwise, the cart won’t know what to charge for that item.
• You can manually choose for other items to show up on the product page (in addition to the “Related products” section at the bottom). This lets you recommend more of your own items on each of your listings. One to four items is ideal.
• These show up in the cart when the item is added. Two items is ideal.
• These fields will pull data you’ve already entered when creating the product. They display here in case you want to refine the data. Not recommended unless you are experienced with SEO. An exception is noted in the next paragraph about duplicating listings.
• In Seller Dashboard > Products you’ll see a “Duplicate” option underneath existing products. This can be a time-saver but be aware that it will retain the SEO info and meta data for the listing you’re copying. You’ll have to edit that for the new listing, the simplest way being to just delete what’s in those fields (the fields will automatically be populated with data from the new listing).
• This option is under the Inventory tab. Enabling it will automatically remove your listing from visible inventory once it sells (or once your quantity reaches zero). The listing remains but doesn’t show on the frontend. Be sure to fill in the appropriate fields below it.